Define what IIoT is and identify IIoT architectures.
- Identify IIoT market verticals, and their motivations and requirements.
- Explore Cisco IIoT networking devices, how they are different from other devices, and use common administrative tools for managing them.
- Explore industrial communications protocols for control and automation, and how they have been adapted to run on top of a TCP/IP network infrastructure.
- Describe wireless protocols used in IIoT environments, including architectures and devices used.
- Understand the TCP/IP protocol stack and how it is used with other protocols in IIoT environments.
- Discuss network protocols for clock synchronization between network devices, and describe available tools for IIoT network administration.
- Discuss wireless technologies used in a core LAN, and their relevance to IIoT implementations.
- Explore field WAN technologies and how they are used in IIoT environments.
- Explore legacy protocols and explain the methods available to transport non-routable protocols over modern networks.
- Explain fundamental concepts of Quality of Service (QoS) related to IIoT network environments.
- Discuss Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) operation, components, terminology, and features, and explore its use in IIoT environments.
- Explore Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN technologies and describe the way they can be used on IIoT deployments.
- Describe Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technology and its use in IIoT environments.
- Explore Layer 1 and Layer 2 high availability technologies and redundancy mechanisms.
- Describe Layer 3 high availability and the need for Layer 3 redundancy in IIoT deployments