Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- How networks function, identifying major components, and function of network components.
- Understand issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues
- Extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access
- Functions of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use of the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the router’s startup and configuration.
- Technical Features of this course include the following:
- The Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP
- IOS Software
- Wireless LANs
- LAN and WAN Technologies
- Associated Certification: CCENT