Upon completing this course, students will be able to meet these objectives:
- Review Cisco ACI fundamental concepts, GUI workflows, and create the case for implementing automation.
- Introduce the Cisco ACI REST API, the tools already available on the Cisco APIC, and understand basic API interaction using Postman.
- Understand the functionality provided by the Python ACI libraries and write scripts that apply configuration and verify state on the Cisco ACI fabric
- Understand Cisco ACI Ansible modules, build playbooks that apply Infrastructure-as-Code concepts to Cisco ACI tenant configuration, and generate a health report using Ansible
- Understand Cisco ACI Apps Center integration and the benefits of integrating Kubernetes infrastructure with Cisco ACI
- Understand the API types and capabilities available on Cisco Nexus product family
- Understand Day 0 operations and how ZTP, POAP, and iPXE fulfill these goals with their respective tooling
- Understand functionality provided by the on-box tooling on the Cisco Nexus series switches and implement simple solutions to improve daily operations
- Use Python and Ansible to leverage the NX-API to implement and verify configuration state using modern workflows
- Understand the paradigm shift of Model-Driven Telemetry and explore a fully set up pipeline for data collection and analysis
- Understand the Cisco UCS developer tools and implement management workflows leveraging Cisco UCS APIs, Python, and Ansible modules
- Leverage Cisco UCS Director APIs to manage infrastructure using Postman and Python scripts
- Review Cisco DCNM product capabilities and understand how its API can be leveraged to automate the Cisco Data Center.
- Understand the advantages of using Cisco Intersight and how to implement automation tasks using its REST APIs via Python and Ansible