This course teaches Solutions Architects how to translate business requirements into secure and reliable recommendations for infrastructure, governance, high availability, cost optimization, and data integration. Lessons include solutions for logging, multi-factor authentication, SSO, hybrid identity, backup and recovery, containers, microservices, monitoring, automation, networking, and application infrastructure. This course outlines how decisions in each area affects the overall solution. This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
- Implementing Azure data storage solutions such as Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, and Azure Files.
- Implementing Azure SQL Database Managed Instances and service tiers.
- Recommendations for Governance such as Azure Policy and Azure Blueprint.
- Recommendations for subscriptions, accounts, and Role-Based Access Control.
- Designs for Authentication and Authorization such as MFA and hybrid identities.
- Solutions for logging and monitoring such as Azure Monitor and Azure Monitoring solutions (Azure Security Center, Azure Application Insights, and Azure Sentinel).
- Recommendations for intra and intersite integration (name resolution, network security, internet protection, hybrid networks, and perimeter networks).
- Manage network traffic using network routing and service endpoints, Azure load balancer, and Azure Application Gateway.
- Solutions for Application Architecture such as event-based Cloud automation, microservices architecture on Azure Service Fabric, and designs for microservices APIs.
- Recommendations for Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes